This is Real – please read it!
Welcome to the Escape-Show website!
The use of the site at www.escape-show.com (the “Site“) is subject to the terms and conditions detailed below. The terms and conditions also include the terms of your agreement with Escape Show with respect to the Game (as defined below).
Please read the terms carefully, as this is really an agreement and not part of the Game… it applies on the use of the Site, the Game and purchase of other services or Products, and constitutes your agreement to said terms.
The site is owned and operated by ESCAPESHOW, LLC (“ESCAPE SHOW“), a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the State of Wyoming, U.S.A.
ESCAPE SHOW may change said terms at any time and at its sole discretion.
The use of plural and/or male and/or female is done for convenience only and is directed to all users.
Let the Games Begin! ™
|ANY CLAIM BY THE USER FOR ANY REASON OR GROUNDS AGAINST ESCAPE SHOW IS LIMITED TO ONE YEAR AS OF THE DAY ON WHICH THE USER WILL HAVE BECOME AWARE OF IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. Without derogating from the above, User’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event of any breach of obligations under this Agreement by ESCAPE SHOW shall be either a refund of the price paid by User to ESCAPE SHOW or replacement of defective product, as shall be decided by ESCAPE SHOW in its sole discretion.|
The following terms shall have the meanings stated next to them, unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Content” – any content published on the Site or used during or in connection with a Game, in any format or medium, including video clips, images and text, comments, etc.
- “Customer” – as defined in Section 5.4.3.
- “ESCAPE SHOW” – ESCAPE SHOW, LLC, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the State of Wyoming, U.S.A.
- “Game” – ESCAPE SHOW’s interactive online escape room game with live actors.
- “Participant” – as defined in Section 5.4.7.
- “Products” – any product sold on the Site, including without limitations the Game.
- “Site” – ESCAPE SHOW’s site at the following address: www.escape-show.com.
- “User” – any person who browses the Site or using any of its utilities or interact (including by automatic computer activities) in any manner with the Site, including a Registered User.
- Use of the Site
- The Site is intended to enable Users (subject to this Agreement) to purchase Products that are suggested for sale on the Site, including without limitations – the Games.
- Use of the Site is at the User’s sole responsibility.
- In order to enter into this Agreement, User must be a person (acting on his behalf or on behalf of a corporation) at least 18 years of age and must be legally competent to enter an agreement.
- By using the Site, any User younger than 18, or who does not have the competence to enter an agreement, according to applicable law at his location, confirms that he had received his legal guardian’s approval to enter the Agreement to use the Site. By using the Site, any User acting on behalf of a corporation confirms his legal authority to enter the Agreement to use the site on behalf of such corporation. A User may not use the Site inasmuch as a User is under the age of 18 and/or has no competence or corporation authority to enter an agreement (according to this Agreement and applicable local law) and had not received his legal guardian’s approval.
- Registration to the Site
- A User does not have to be a Registered User in order to place an order. After a User places his/her first order, the User will have access to a personal area titled ‘My Game’, accessible by a user name and password chosen by the User.
- In the registration process, the User will be required to provide the following details: full name, phone number and e-mail.
- Following registration to the Site, a Registered User may enter to his personal ‘My Game’ section, in which a Registered User may change the number of participants in a Game ordered (subject to this Agreement), insert, change or delete information with respect to other participants in a Game ordered (as further described below), view previous orders and other actions that may be performed in the ‘My Game’ section.
- Users may register to the Site through third parties, such as certain social networking sites and e-mail service providers, as shall be decided and made available by ESCAPE SHOW on its sole discretion from time to time.
- Registration to the Site is personal. Registered Users must keep their username and password confidential and not allow others to make use of the Site under their username. Users are advised to use “strong” passwords (passwords that combine upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols). Should a Registered User become aware that his username was used by anyone else, he must immediately notify ESCAPE SHOW about it and proceed to change his password.
- Registered Users hereby agree and declare that they shall be solely responsible for any operation carried out under their username.
- ESCAPE SHOW is entitled to cancel a Registered User’s registration to the Site for any reason whatsoever, with no obligation to provide reasoning to its decision.
- The Game
- The Game was developed for entertainment purposes for participants who are at least 10 years of age.
- The average time of a Game is one hour; however the Game may last materially more or less time, in accordance with the pace which the Game’s riddles will be solved by the Participants.
- A Game may be scheduled between 8AM to 10PM, according to Customer’s time zone. If you would like to schedule a Game in other times, please contact us and we will try to accommodate.
- The actor leading the Game will be assigned by ESCAPE SHOW, at ESCAPE SHOW’s sole discretion. Don’t forget, surprise is part of the Game and Participants do not have an option to choose the actor/actress surprising them.
- To the extent that a User shall Order a Game for or on behalf of any third party, these Term of Use shall fully apply on such third party.
- The Game is held in English, by trained actors who speak English in a high level. However, ESCAPE SHOW does not guarantee that actors would necessarily be native English speakers, with a certain English style or accent or local slang or from the same English-speaking region or country as the participants. That’s part of the Game!
- Technical Requirements:
- It is recommended that each Participant will use its own device while participating in the Game, which should include a camera, in order to get the best experience. It is not recommended that more than three people participate in the Game using the same device.
- ESCAPE SHOW found that the Game is best experienced when using a PC computer, rather than a cellular phone, tablet etc., as during the Game Participants are directed to external sites which are viewed best on PC.
- Participants should use a device which is connected to a stable fast internet, enabling download pace of least 15mbps, as the Game is being conducted by video conference (if not otherwise requested by the Customer – usually by Zoom).
- ESCAPE SHOW does its best that the Participants would have an entertaining experience, but does not guarantee, represent, or warrant that any or all Participants would enjoy the Game.
- The Game’s riddles are meant to be challenging and ESCAPE SHOW uses its best efforts and employ qualified writers for that purpose. Solving the riddles does not require prior knowledge. ESCAPE SHOW cannot guarantee that Participants will find the riddles in a particular Game to be difficult or easy to solve.
- Customer confirms that he/she is aware that the Game includes improvisations by the actor leading the Game, including humorous comments, jokes (including on account of Participants), sarcasm, sexist humorous comments etc. WHEN PLACING AN ORDER, CUSTOMER CONFIRMS OF HIS AGREEMENT TO THE NATURE OF THE GAME AND SAID IMPROVISATIONAL HUMOROUS ATMOSPHERE AND WAIVES ANY CLAIMS IN THAT REGARD. Notwithstanding, actors are instructed to be respectful, not to make any racial or other aggravating comments, or use information provided with respect to a Participant which seems to the actor as inappropriate for any reason (at actor’s discretion).
- Placing an Order
- A Game may be Ordered only at least 72 hours in advance. If you would like to schedule a Game to a date and time which are less than 72 hours, please contact us and we will try to accommodate.
- A User does not have to be a Registered User in order to place an order and the registration to the Site may be performed during an order, as further set forth in Section 4 above.
- Once a User has placed an Order (“Customer“), ESCAPE SHOW will send the Customer an e-mail confirming that the Order has been received, however such notice shall not be deemed a confirmation that Customer’s offer to order a Product (including a Game) is accepted by ESCAPE SHOW.
- A contract between the User and ESCAPE SHOW for the sale of the Products will only exist once an Order has been processed by ESCAPE SHOW and order confirmation was sent by ESCAPE SHOW (“Confirmation“). Only said Confirmation shall be considered as confirmation of the Order by ESCAPE SHOW.
- The User must keep the Confirmation in a safe place as ESCAPE SHOW may ask the User for information from the User in any correspondence. If the User does not receive a Confirmation within one (1) business day, the User should contact ESCAPE SHOW in accordance with Section 12 below.
- When placing an order via the Site (an “Order“), the User will register to the Site (as described in Section 4), choose the expected number of Participants (as defined below) who are expected to participate in the Game and the date and time of the Game.
- A “Participant” in the Game is every person at the age of 10 or more who is seen watching the Game at any stage of the Game, whether such participant is active or not in the Game (among others – as it is entertaining also in the background); whether the participant uses his/her own device or together with others; and whether the participant uses a camera or not (yes John, if you are cooking at the background – you are a participant 😉). Please note that in any event – each device would be counted as at least one participant, event if the same participant is connected by more than one device (PC and Cellular phone for example).
- Getting Ready to the Game
- If the Customer does not provide a link to a video conference used by Customer, ESCAPE SHOW will send the Customer a link to a video conference room. It is customer’s responsibility to share the Game’s link with the Participants, regardless if ESCAPE SHOW has the contact details of all Participants (which is usually not the case). GAME LINK MAY BE SENT ONLY TO THE PARTICIPANTS AND NOT TO ANY THIRD PARTY.
- In order for the Game to be entertaining and enable the actor leading the Game to surprise, interact and improvise during the Game, the Customer will be requested to provide some information on the Participant. Customer does not have to provide said information and the Game may be conducted without it.
- After placing an Order, the Customer will be directed to the ‘My Game’ personal section, where the Customer may insert relevant information with respect to each Participant. However, since the Game is dynamic, and some text is improvised – the actor is not obligated to use any or all the information provided, and the actor will make use of it at his/her sole discretion and as he/she deems fit.
- Customer may send a video clip which will be screened as part of the Game, at actor’s sole discretion (usually at the end). Customer confirms that he/she has the required rights to share such video with ESCAPE SHOW and the actor and the rights to screen it as part of the Game. The actor leading the Game will do his/her best to make use of such video clip and screen it, however if such video clip is not used or screened by the actor, for any reason, it shall not be a ground for any claim or suit by Customer (including compensation of any kind). CUSTOMER HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM AND/OR SUIT AGAINST ESCAPE SHOW IN THE EVENT THAT A VIDEO CLIP WHICH WAS PROVIDED BY THE CUSTOMER IS NOT USED OR SCREENED BY THE ACTOR.
- The actor leading the Game will contact the Customer (whose contact details were provided at the Order) up to 24 hours prior to the Game in order to confirm and verify details. If Customer does not answer, a text message will be sent to the Customer, asking the Customer to contact ESCAPE SHOW/the actor. Customer confirms that if he/she does not contact ESCAPE SHOW or the actor, the quality of the Game and the surprising effect would not be at its highest level.
- For avoidance of doubt, ESCAPE SHOW uses only the information provided by the Customer with respect to the Participants. ESCAPE SHOW does not verify or conduct any independent checks to confirm such information. Moreover, ESCAPE SHOW does not collect independently any information on potential Participants, nor does it conduct any inquiry or search of information (for example: from social medias etc.).
- Information provided with respect to Participants by Customer is stored on ESCAPE SHOW’s servers solely for the purpose of the Game and thereafter deleted within 6 months. ESCAPE SHOW does not disclose said information with any third party, except the relevant employees and service providers involved in the specific Game or provide any services in connection with the Game, on a need to know basis, and which are bound by confidentiality agreements.
- Changing the Number of Participants and Related Information
- The number of Participants in an ordered Game and the respective information with regard to the Participants may be changed by the Customer at any time until 48 hours prior to the commencement time of the ordered Game. Any such change may be performed in the ‘My Game’ section. Please note that in order to confirm any change you have to press ‘Submit’ (otherwise any change would only be deemed as a ‘draft’).
- The information submitted up to 48 hours prior to the commencement time of the ordered Game shall obligate the parties and be deemed as final, including for billing purposes. No changes with respect to Participants is possible less than 48 hours prior to the commencement time of the ordered Game.
- Commencement of the Game
- The actor leading the Game will initiate the video conference room at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled commencement time of the Game.
- If no Participant has joined the video at the commencement time of the Game, the actor will contact the Customer in order to verify if there is any technical problem with the connection. However, if no Participant has joined the conference room within 15 minutes and no technical problem on ESCAPE SHOW’S side has been detected, the actor will disconnect, and the Game will be deemed to be cancelled by the Customer. Please see Section 5.11 for cancellation fees.
- The Game starts on time and will not be delayed by more than 5 minutes, regardless of the number of Participants who will be connected at such time.
- During the Game
- Even though that this is a game for entertaining purposes and ESCAPE SHOW does its best to create an entertaining and free atmosphere, Participants are requested to interact in a respectful manner, not to make any racial or other aggravating comments.
- Participants are divided to separate to breakout rooms during the Game, as part of the Game. The division is performed randomly and Participants cannot request to move from one room to another or request to be divided to certain pre-defined groups.
- THE GAME MAY NOT BE FILMED OR RECORDED OR CAPTURED IN ANY WAY AND METHOD BY PARTICIPANTS, NOR BE BROADCASTED OR SHARED OR SCREENED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, INCLUDING FOR PERSONAL PURPOSES, AS THIS WOULD BE (AMOUNG OTHERS) BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, ESCAPE SHOW’S COPYRIGHT AND PARTICIPANTS AND ACTOR’S PRIVACY.
- Final Price and Billing
- The final price of the Game is calculated based on the actual number of Participants seen watching the Game at any stage of the Game (as set forth in section 5.4.6 above). At any event, the minimum price for a Game is calculated based on the number of Participants confirmed in the ‘My Game’ section 48 hours prior to the commencement time of the ordered Game (and not less than 6 participants), regardless of the actual number of Participants.
- In the event that the actual number of Participants in a Game shall be higher than the number of Participants ordered (as described above), the Customer will pay the excess at ESCAPE SHOW’S first request following the Game.
- Changing the Time of an Ordered Game
- Customer may reschedule the date or time of an ordered Game, up to 48 hours prior to the commencement time of the ordered Game, to a then available different date and time. Customer may ask to reschedule a Game not more than twice. The commencement time of an ordered Game may not be changed less than 48 hours prior to its commencement time.
- Change in the commencement time of an ordered Game may only be performed via the customer support, which details are also set forth in Section 12 below. Such change shall be deemed effective only subject to receipt by the Customer of a written confirmation from ESCAPE SHOW of said change (including if such change appears in the ‘My Game’ section).
- Cancellations of a Game by Customers
- Customers may ask to cancel an Order for a Game only via the customer support, which contact details are also set forth in Section 12 below. Cancellation will be deemed effective only subject to receipt by the Customer of a written confirmation from ESCAPE SHOW of said change (including if such change appears in the ‘My Game’ section).
- If an ordered Game is cancelled by the Customer (whether the full order is cancelled or just a reduction in amount of players), the following cancellation fees will apply:
- Clients can reschedule their game free of charge once, as long as they give 48 hours
notice. If they give under 48 hours notice, they have to pay for a new game at half
Clients can reschedule their game free of charge once, as long as they give 48 hours
notice. If their original game is the last week of October, or from December 1st-23rd,
they can reschedule free of charge with 48 hours notice, but the reschedule date has
to be in 2023. They cannot reschedule for 2024, unless they want to pay an additional
50% of their original game cost.
- If the cancellation is:
- At least 14 days prior to the scheduled date and time – the client is entitled to a full
- Less than 14 days but more than 7 days prior to the scheduled date and time – a
cancellation fee of 20% of the order price will be charged.
- Less than 7 days but more than 2 days prior to the scheduled date and time –
cancellation fee of 50% of the order price will be charged.
- Less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled date and time (including “no show”) – no
refund will be given.
- If a client booked a game, then two days before the game they reschedule it to the
following month, they cannot later cancel the game two weeks before the new date to
avoid the cancellation fees. The original date the game was booked is the date all
cancellation fees refer to.
This is applicable for Halloween games (the last week of October) Or Christmas games
from December 1st-23rd
- At least 14 days prior to the scheduled date and time – the client is entitled to a full
- Less than 14 days but more than 3 days prior to the scheduled date and time – a
cancellation fee of 50% of the order price will be charged.
- Less than 3 days to the scheduled date and time – the client will not receive a
- All days and hours do not refer to business hours. Simply regular hours. •
We do not charge 4% on top of the cancellation fee.
This applies for cancellations and refunds of any kind (e.g., reducing the number of
- Changes and Cancellations by ESCAPE SHOW
- ESCAPE SHOW does its best to avoid any changes to Games ordered and scheduled, however ESCAPE SHOW reserve the right to cancel or postpone a Game at any time, for any reason, at its sole discretion.
- If ESCAPE SHOW will cancel a Game, Customer’s sole remedy will be receiving a full refund for any payment made to ESCAPE SHOW for the Game.
- EXCEPT FOR THE SAID REFUND, CUSTOMER WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY KIND OF COMPENSATION OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL OR AGGREVATION DAMAGES, IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULING OF ANY GAME.
- Payment Method
- ESCAPE SHOW accepts payments by MasterCard, Visa, Isracard, PayPal.
- Payment for Orders shall be charged by Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe“), which operates an external website for credit card clearing. You may find more details about Stripe at: https://stripe.com/; and details about Paypal at: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full. ESCAPE SHOW shall not be liable in any manner for said clearing external service.
- Please note that Stripe may save your credit card details in connection with an Order, in case you would like to make additional purchases in the framework of an existing Order (for example: adding players).
In case of any queries, issues or complaints in relation to any Product purchased from ESCAPE SHOW, the User may contact ESCAPE SHOW in accordance with Section 12.
- External links and Platforms
- The Game is conducted on third party platforms (i.e. Zoom, Webex, Teams etc.). ESCAPE SHOW has no control whatsoever and disclaims any liability with respect to the use of such platforms, including rules of ethics, privacy, intellectual property etc., that apply to such other sites and platforms.
- Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property rights relating to the Products (including the Game) and the Site, including its name, trademarks (whether registered or not) and copyright, shall be exclusively owned by ESCAPE SHOW.
- Without derogating from the generality of the foregoing, it is hereby clarified that no use, duplication, distribution, creation of derivative content, display, broadcast, performance in public and/or making available to the public of any intellectual property related to the any Product (including the Game), Site is allowed, other than in accordance with this Agreement or by prior written consent of ESCAPE SHOW.
- Things You Definitely Shouldn’t Do
- What is ESCAPE SHOW’s liability?
- By entering and using the Site, the User has agreed and approved that the use of the Site is enabled to him on an ‘As-Is‘ and ‘As-Available‘ basis only, without any liability and obligation on behalf of the Site and ESCAPE SHOW, except as herein set forth or as required by applicable law.
- ESCAPE SHOW does not warrant that the Site, the platform on which the Game is conducted (for example – Zoom) or the Content, will be free of faults, failures, errors and disturbances (including computer viruses). In the event that a Game is disturbed by any technical error which does not allow it to reasonably continue, as shall be determined by ESCAPE SHOW, the Game may be ended by ESCAPE SHOW and a new Game will be scheduled without any additional charge by the Customer and Participants. EXCEPT AS EXPLICITLY HEREIN SET FORTH, CUSTOMER AND PARTICIPANTS SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY OTHER REMEDY IN CASE A TECHNICAL ERROR DISTURBED THE GAME.
- ESCAPE SHOW does not warrant that any information on the Site is full, accurate and fit to any purpose.
- ESCAPE SHOW OR ANYONE ELSE ON ITS BEHALF SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT AND/OR INDIRECT DAMAGE, WHETHER PECUNIARY OR NOT, OR DAMAGE TO ANY PROPERTY RELATED WITH (i) THE SITE AND/OR THE GAME; AND/OR (ii) WHICH DERIVES FROM THE SITE AND/OR THE GAME; AND/OR (iii) FROM THE CONTENT PUBLISHED ON THE SITE AND/OR DURING OR IN CONNECTION WITH A GAME; AND/OR (iv) TECHNICAL ERRORS OR DISTURBANCES DURING A GAME, NOR FOR ANY DIRECT AND/OR INDIRECT DAMAGE CONCERNED WITH FAULTY FUNCTIONING OF THE SITE OR THE PLATFORM ON WHICH A GAME IS CONDUCTED, including, and without derogating from the abovementioned: problems of availability of the Site, problems with the services offered on the Site or on the Platform on which a Game is conducted., etc. The User hereby waives any claim and/or demand against ESCAPE SHOW, as above said.
- ESCAPE SHOW shall not be liable in any way whatsoever in cases where the User’s credit card is lost or stolen and used for buying Products from the Site.
- The Site may allow third parties to offer various services. The User is advised that services provided by a third party are under the sole responsibility of that third party, and ESCAPE SHOW shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for these services.
- Without derogating from the provisions of any law, USER HEREBY UNDERTAKES TO INDEMNIFY AND COMPENSATE ESCAPE SHOW OR ANYONE ELSE ON ITS BEHALF, IN ANY EVENT IN WHICH THE USER SHOULD BREACH THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT, AND/OR SHOULD ACT IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR THE GAME AND/OR THE SITE OR GAME’S CONTENT IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE LAW AND/OR THIS AGREEMENT. . . . . . . . . . . .
- Indemnification set forth above shall cover any expense, payment, loss, loss of profit or any other damage, direct or indirect, whether pecuniary or not, that will be suffered by ESCAPE SHOW or anyone else on its behalf, including legal expenses and attorney’s fees.
- How can I contact ESCAPE SHOW?
- ESCAPE SHOW provides support for all matters regarding the Site and the order through the “Contact Us” page and through the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by phone at the following number: +1-646-6328108
- Support is provided during ESCAPE SHOW’s normal business hours, which are 9AM to 4PM (New-York time).
- Calls to and from ESCAPE SHOW may be recorded or monitored as part of ESCAPE SHOW’s efforts to further improve the services provided to its customers.
- Assignment of rights
- ESCAPE SHOW is authorized to assign its own rights and obligations under this Agreement to any third party, without notifying the Users and without receiving their approval.
- Customer and/or Participant may not assign any rights and obligations under this Agreement to any third party without the prior written consent of ESCAPE SHOW.
- Modifications and Termination of Service
- This Agreement, the Site and the Game (including all aspects thereof, including and without derogating from the generality of the foregoing: its availability, its interface, its nature and its scope) may be modified, replaced and adjusted, fully or in part, per ESCAPE SHOW’s sole discretion.
- The User, Registered User, Customer and Participant hereby relinquishes any and all claim, argument and/or demand in relation to abovementioned modifications.
- ESCAPE SHOW is authorized to cease operating the Site and/or the Game, fully or in part (including provision of any and all the services on the Site) and to cancel the Agreement, in full or in part (including amending prices, terms of delivery etc.), at any given time, without advance notice and/or obligation to motivate its decision.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement supersedes all agreements previously made between the parties relating to its subject matter. There are no other understandings or agreements between them relating to such subject matter.
Without derogating from the above, User’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event of any breach of obligations under this Agreement by ESCAPE SHOW shall be either a refund of the price paid by User to ESCAPE SHOW or replacement of defective product, as shall be decided by ESCAPE SHOW on its sole discretion. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- Governing law and jurisdiction
The law governing any and all disputes and/or interpretation concerning this Agreement and the Site is the Laws of the State of Israel.
The exclusive jurisdiction shall be granted to the authorized court of law in the district of Tel-Aviv, Israel, only.
Updated version as of July 5th, 2021.